1. My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball.
2. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
3. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely; don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
4. Housework will always be there. I’m only little for such a short time — please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
5. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
6. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
7. I need your encouragement and praise, but not your criticism, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
8. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
9. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.
10. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids.
11. Please take me to church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.